SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Perceptive Automata is a fast-growing machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road. In the coming year, we’re anticipating rapid growth to support an increasing demand for this technology (we're working with Silicon Valley investors who have supported some of the fastest-growing tech companies in the world).
We are hiring a senior software engineer to contribute to the design and development of our core technology (running deep learning inference on a variety of target platforms) and the applications used to demonstrate this technology to customers. As a member of our small team, your contributions will have an outsized effect on our product and the direction of the company as a whole.
Strongly Preferred Skills & Background
- 5+ years experience building complex production-ready systems
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Expert C++ programming skills, ideally with some proficiency in C
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience designing and implementing high-level UI or visualization tools
- Strong intuition for, and interest in, designing systems for robustness, testability, and scalability
- Comfortable operating and developing in a Linux environment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Functional safety standards such as ISO 26262
- Relational databases (we use PostgreSQL) and data architecture for
- large-scale, resource-intensive data applications
- Robotics and real-time controls
- Kalman filters
- CAN bus systems
- Prior experience working at or with automotive OEMs
- Competitive compensation including benefits and equity
- Company culture committed to sustainable performance with work/life balance
- Guest lectures, learning opportunities with connections to labs at Harvard and elsewhere, and publication opportunities
- Lunch reimbursement
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Are you an experienced programmer with extensive experience in developing real-time software products, but you don’t see yourself above? Get in touch! We’re a growing business and always looking for quality candidates that don’t fit easily into the boxes we envision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status.