DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Perceptive Automata is a fast-growing machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard, Stanford and MIT scientists. We are using our transformative autonomous vehicle technology to help make life safer and happier for millions of people. We're working with Silicon Valley investors who have supported some of the fastest-growing tech companies in the world.
The Director of Operations role is a key operational role at Perceptive Automata. Primarily, this role is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the company. The finance manager ensures that an employee has a smooth experience from their first day to the last day -- hiring, onboarding, payroll, benefits, vacation, timesheets, stock options, expenses, exit interview. Further, the finance manager is responsible for enabling the strategic decisions made by the company through the maintenance of the company’s financial model. This position reports to the CEO.
- Payroll & Benefits:
- Approving vacation and sick time requested by employees
- Ensure that payroll is being processed on time
- Ensure that benefits remain compliant with the law (e.g. 401k)
- Conduct an annual review of company benefits (esp. health benefits) and implement any necessary changes
- Manage the company expense process
- Provide any information needed by tax accountant to process tax returns
- Collect any information needed to prepare the R&D tax credit substantiation from company staff
- Grant management:
- Initiate and manage government grant drawdown
- Initiate and manage any reporting requirements for grants, getting help from the team & bookkeepers where needed
- Prepare proposals for additional grants when needed
- New employee onboarding:
- Work with new employee/intern to complete new employee onboarding checklist prior to them starting work
- Hiring new employees & consultants in payroll and processing company and government paperwork
- Coordinate with the building management and support services to ensure that the office is functioning correctly (e.g. temperature, mail, furniture, maintenance)
Strongly Preferred Skills & Background
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience modeling in excel
- Competitive compensation including benefits and equity
- Company culture committed to sustainable performance with work/life balance
- Guest lectures, learning opportunities with connections to labs at Harvard and elsewhere, and publication opportunities
- Lunch reimbursement
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Don’t see yourself above? Get in touch! We’re a growing business and always looking for quality candidates that don’t fit easily into the boxes we envision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status.